Friday, March 18, 2011

THE 10 WEIGHT LOSS COMMANDMENTS

Yesterday I was pretty down.  It was a day off from constant go, go, go, and things finally caught up with me.   My husband being gone a month now, and my weight stalling a bit, just made me mopey.....
But after posting my blog, and a thread on ObesityHelp.com , I got a lot of good support and feedback, for which I am very thankful for. 
One lady sent me a link, and this was in it:
 
THE 10 WEIGHT LOSS COMMANDMENTS
 
Thou shall exercise 5 times per week for 40-45 minutes.
Thou shall not covet the carbohydrate.
Thou shall not eat more than 3 meals per day and shall not have unhealthy snacks between meals.
Thou shall drink at least 8 glasses of water each day.
Thou shall eat a minimum of 70 grams of protein each day.
Thou shall honor thy commitment to good health and healthy choices.
Thou shall keep follow-up appointments with thy doctor.
Thou shall always take thy vitamins.
Thou shall not weigh thyself more than once-a-week.
Thou shall always keep the memory of the past and the hope of the future as a clear image in thy mind.


I am so printing this out and living it closely.   I don't know if I can do the "only weigh yourself once a week".....its more of a daily thing.  :D   My hubby always fussed at me for doing that.  I'm just so dern impatient.  There is a reason I never owned a scale before now....

I am coming to the conclusion that my nutritionist and surgeon are giving me bad information.   I have been on her recommended diet less than a week, and already I can see its not for me.  The more carbs I am allowed to eat, the more I will eat.   I thinks its less that I am addicted to food, but more that I'm addicted to carbs.  The more I ate/eat, the more I'd crave them.  Sweet things, sugary things, starchy things.  So....for me, carbs in super moderation.

I worked out today.  About 10 minutes on the treadmill, 20 on the recumbent bike, and 5 on the cardio glide. 
Maybe not even a full 5, because by then my legs were jelly.  My heart and lungs feel good and invigorated though.  :)


I got to participate in my Oma's surprise 80th birthday in Ohio via Skype today.  That was totally cool.  My mom and dad flew/drove up there to surprise her yesterday, and then today threw her a party she didn't expect.
Unfortunately, my gift (the bed tray I decoupaged) didn't get there today, but hopefully by tomorrow.
I got to chat with a few family members there, and watch while she opened presents.  It was great.

Well, that's all for now.  I'm gonna go be productive...... or try to at least.
Laterz

2 comments:

Artsy Ali said...

Keep up the good work! Take it one day at a time and remember you can't change over night. It's a difficult thing to do. I found that when I was doing calories in and calories out it helped me loose weight and keeping up on taking multivitamins to get the nutrients I couldn't get else where. Pace yourself but push yourself at the same time! You are amazing! Love you!

Manda said...

thanks babe!!!