Monday, July 11, 2011

Lots of Changes Since Last Post


Well, I apologize for my lack of posting.  I guess I didn't know how much or what exactly to share.  It's been 2 months since my husband dropped the divorce bomb on me. 
We've had many highs and lows since then, but have sort of evened out, and settled down.
We are getting a divorce.  It will be finalized Aug 18th.  I know it seems fast, but there's a few reasons behind it. 
Since this began, I started school.  The summer session started in June, and I'm taking 2 classes.  It's been tougher than I expected.  I chose online so I could get a job, and I'm not great at keeping up with reading.

I got a job, yay!!  I work at a local Wal Mart.  I really enjoy it.  The biggest problem is being on my feet the whole time.  The 8 hour shifts are the worst.  My foot has healed significantly since losing so much weight, but I think this is making me regress.  So, I'm trying to get in to see the podiatrist before I lose my insurance.

Church is going steady and strong.  I started having the missionaries come weekly to sort of go through the discussions with me again, and it has been so nice having their spirit in my home.  They even started doing service projects for me.  They helped me do yard work, and pulled up all the linoleum in my kitchen and bathroom, and laid down peel and stick!  It looks so great!
Just 2 days ago, I cooked a big "thank you" feast for em.  I made my famous sugar cookies, and even the health conscious one had a half dozen HERE!  :D

My weight loss has hit a bit of a snag.  I haven't had time or drive to exercise or walk in the mornings, and I've been eating candy and crap.  I'm to blame, and I'm not surprised I'm not losing.....
in fact, I'm kind of gaining.  UGH. 

I Hit my personal goal of 235....
It was the weight I'd put on my military ID back in 2005, and it was a lie back then, and has been ever since.  I ALMOST attained it when I did weight watchers, but not quite, so YAY!!
I continued to drop and actually saw the 220's for one day, and then it came back.
As of this morning, I'm at 234.  But I threw away the crap I'd brought in the house, and am trying to start fresh.
I honestly don't know why I eat candy and crap.  It makes my stomach feel awful the second I swallow, but it doesn't stop me.  It's an addiction, and the more I eat it, the worse it gets.

I had my 10 year high school reunion last month.  It was so great.  My goal had been to lose 50 lbs by then, and I was at 75!!  I fit into a size 16 dress, and felt not fat!  LOL!!
I'm on the left in the blue.

I had so much fun, and was so glad I went!!!

I was able to fit in to my prom dress too!  Here's the original pic, and the current pic!



In other news, I have been training my big dogs to not have to go in their cages when I'm at work.  I hated the idea of them being confined for long periods every day, and now they get to stretch and play and sleep on the bed or couches. 
They've been doing so great.  I try and leave a bone out for them, so they have something to chew on, instead of looking for something to chew on.
The only bad thing they've gotten into, was like day 2, the cats pulled out the rubber mouth opening to the garbage disposal, and Tink chewed it into a thousand pieces.  But, that was my fault sort of, because I normally put the sink stopper plug in it cuz I know the cats are obsessed with it.


Well, I'm gonna wrap up.  Things between me and the "hubby" are amicable.  We've talked at length about why this is happening, and some of it is my fault.  I was in a bad place for a long time.  Psysically, mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and he slowly fell out of love with me, and began to resent me.  I keep trying to tell him that the current me, is 180* different, but its too late. 
So, all I can do is continue to work on me, to better me, and to prepare for the future.

I'll try and update more often again.  LOVE YOU ALL!!!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Good to see you blogging and SMILING! I'm so sorry that the divorce is going forward, but it sounds as if you have done a lot of soul-searching and I'm a firm believer in never looking back. Hopefully when all is said and done you will be in a much better place.

Way cool that you fit in your prom dress!!

Mr. and Mrs. said...

You look SO great in your reunion pic, cutie!

Anonymous said...

You look great in your pictures! Hang in there!