Wednesday, July 20, 2011

80!! BUM BUM BUM!!!!

Well I'm back on track!  I have officially hit 80 lbs now!!!  Oh, AAAANNDDD  I'm in the 220's   WHOOOOOOO!!!
I'll take some pictures the next time I'm presentable enough to not break the camera lense.  :D

I even got to take the dogs on a walk this morning.  I threw out all the carbs in my house (again)....yes, it wasn't the first time, and won't be the last time I'll be doing that.  It proved to be the key to getting my momentum back.  I lost a good 7 lbs in a week or so.

Work is going extremely well.  I really like it there.  Making some good friends too.  :)

School is going well.  If I do good on my finals, I SHOULD HOPEFULLY FINGERS CROSSED make A's in both classes.   I've got my schedule planned for fall semester, and its gonna be tough, but I can dooo iiitt!!

2 days ago, I found a pit bull running loose in the WalMart parking lot, on my way in to work.  Of course, I tried to catch it, and the darling thing came to me when called.  I put him in my car, and drove home, and set him up in the bathroom as quickly as I could.

On my lunch break, i rushed home to let the dogs out, and "Chance" (what I'm calling him) had torn up my bathroom.  Nothing too permanent thank goodness.  He pulled down all my towels, pulled out all the babywipes, knocked bottles all over, and did tear up my wooden mat some.

When I got home, I let him meet my dogs.  Normally I wouldn't expose my animals to a strange animal (diseases and whatnot), but he seemed quite healthy, and really couldnt just stay in the bathroom the whole time.   So, while leashed, I let him meet the others. 
They wrestled like mad.  It was worse when I took him off the leash.  I had to keep quirting them with water and yelling at them.
When I brought him in to meet the cats, he was leashed again.

This little man (still a puppy, but about 1/2 of full size grown) is sooo rambunctious.  He literally twirls. 
It was a pretty stressful night and morning with his getting into mischief, chasing cats, pottying in my house, and whining (more like shrieking) every time he was locked up, oh and not to mention the dogs wouldnt potty outside, they'd just wrestle. 

Well, in the morning, I took him over to Animal Control to get scanned for a microchip.  No chip.  But someone HAD called in looking for a dog matching his description.  When they called the guy back, the description matched up again.  So, I waited, and they came to get him.
Normally this would make me happy and sad, but this case I just felt off-put.
I was 4 thug looking guys that didn't even bother to bring in a leash, just a collar that was too small.  Then they picked up his front legs and toddler walked him to the car.
Chance's demeanor went from happy and smiling, to sullen and scared.
They didn't even say thank you to me. 
I got such an awful feeling.  I just hope they don't abuse him, and if they do, that he gets out again, and either I or Animal Control find him.  AC said they'd call me if he came back in.
I am thankful he's found his owners.  It was an answer to my prayer.  I just couldn't handle him on my own.

Other than that, life is good.  I'm doing my best to better myself in any way that I can.  It's really fun and exciting.  I lived locked up and shut off for too long.  Time to embrace life and have fun!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 80 lb loss! Love the pictures of the dog!