Thursday, August 16, 2012

CHAMPION!!!

Hey everyone!  I hit a new record with my weight loss, so I thought I'd update the ol' blog.
I have lost 125 lbs now!!!
I had been at a stall for about 6+ months.  So, I finally decided to take a stand!!
I took the "5 Day Pouch Test", to re-vamp my weight loss.
It went like this:
"Days One & Two: Liquid Protein
low-carb protein shakes, broth, clear or cream soups, sugar-free gelatin and pudding. Read more.
Day 3: Soft Protein
canned fish (tuna or salmon) eggs, fresh soft fish (tilapia, sole, orange roughy. Read more.
Day 4: Firm Protein
ground meat (turkey, beef, chicken, lamb), shellfish, scallops, lobster, fresh salmon or halibut. Read more.
Day 5: Solid Protein
white meat poultry, beef steak, pork, lamb, wild game"
http://www.5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html

It was tough, but it really reminded me of what I needed to be doing.

About the same time, I downloaded the MyFitnessPal app on my phone, and tracked everything I consumed.  This REALLY opened my eyes. 
I had been counting foods like cheese, nuts, and peanut butter as "free foods" because they were low in carbs.  I was flabbergasted when I started counting the calories from them.  EEEEP!!!
Just a few bitesof peanut butter with some celery was 290 calories!!!!!

It's a bit of a challenge watching my carbs and my calories, but it's definitely working. 
With the 5 day pouch test, I lost six pounds in a week.
In the last month, I've lost 10 lbs total.

In addition to all this, my husband and I have taken up cycling.  He used to cycle, and is getting back into shape, and training to compete.
I am a step back from that, training to ride long and hard, and to exercise and get fit.
I will work right alongside with him, but my diet and his are polar opposite.
He's been studying what to eat, and it says 3000 calories, and 700 carbs daily. 
MY diet calls for 1200 calories and less than 50 carbs a day.  OY!!  BIIIG difference!!
But I am SO proud of him, and his focus is so great.

So far, my best is about 7-8 miles, and about an hour at a time.  I've only been going a week though, so little bit by little bit!

Here are my latest weight loss shots for ya, taken today.
Sporting my cycle outfit too.  :P







The only thing negative I have to report is just an ugly fact with weight loss surgery, or massive weight loss.  And that is extra skin.  I, fortunately don't have it too bad in the tummy area, but it's real bad in my arms.  Almost to an embarrassing extent.  I do plan to one day (asap) to have brachioplasty or an arm lift on my arms.  It runs about $4000 an arm.  So, guess I should start saving up now, huh?
But I really can't complain too much.  My arms are still way smaller than they've ever been, and I try not to dwell on them too much. 

Thanks for reading, and I'll keep you posted!!
<3 Manda

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You look great!! :D Keep it up doll

Angela S said...

Way to go! That is fantastic!!! My weight loss was on a lower scale but I can say that after a LONG time things do start to shrink as far as skin is concerned. But it is not dramatic of course. Wear that skin as a badge of courage!